Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Why I started the "Legal for Life" blog.

Whether you realize it or not, legal issues exist in nearly all aspects of your everyday life.  Whether it be your business, job, marriage, home, vehicle, health, children, pets, finances, insurance, purchases or recreation; legal pitfalls are never too far from the surface. This blog is a guide to help you avoid those pitfalls, and provide ways deal with legal problems if they arise.

I am a lawyer, but better descriptions are "counselor" and "problem solver."  I proactively counsel clients on the law and how to minimize their risk.  However, many new clients come to me after something bad has happened and they have been sued.  Resolving a lawsuit is a special kind of legal problem.  Client's need a litigator that knows how to use all of the legal tools available to bring the case to a quick resolution.  These tools are too numerous to get into here, but the most common ones include discovery, depositions, negotiation, mediation, summary judgment, and trial.  I deal with these issues everyday, but hopefully you will never have to.

We have all heard the saying that "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." This is more true in law as in any medical context, and it is my motivation for creating this blog. I hope that topics discussed here will help you better recognize and avoid life's legal pitfalls.

I welcome your feedback, including your suggestions and ideas for new topics for this blog.  Please feel free to contact me anytime through the contact information on my webpage: www.humesmith.com.


Christopher A. Pearcy
Senior Associate Attorney
Hume Smith Geddes Green & Simmons LLP
54 Monument Circle, 4th Fl.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Phone: (317) 632-4402
Fax: (317) 632-5595


No comments:

Post a Comment